Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Misguided {Book Review}


Title: Misguided
Series: Fallen Aces MC Book 5
Author: Max Henry
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:


Only by losing my freedom, did I realize I was never free at all.

My father, the president of the Fallen Aces MC, sent me away to save me from a cold-blooded fate handed down by a tyrannical drug lord. Now, over a year later, my brother has come to take me home.

Only it doesn’t feel like home anymore.

I’m lost, wandering familiar yet foreign halls as I try to work out what my purpose is in this club. What can I offer the people who sacrificed so much to save me? I need a guiding light, something to get me on the right path. Or someone.

Someone like him.

A cocky, playful ladies man, Dog is nothing like what I thought I’d ever need. But as he strips the colors from his back, and reveals the true brilliance of the ones below, I can’t help but fall in love with the overbearing yet guarded man.
He’s guaranteed to break my heart, yet here I stand with it in my hands, offering him all I have left.

All that I am.

Maybe I’m not supposed to survive after all?

My Review:

This book..... I don't think I have the right words for this book. I actually missed the book before this one so it feels like I haven't read these characters in a while. So it kind of felt like coming home to me to be able to read these characters again. I will say this though this book is a bit different than Mrs. Henry's other books in this series. This one is much lighter, and what I mean is there's not a bunch of action/killing/gore. Which isn't a bad thing it was nice to see a lighter side.

Man Koen, or aka Dog. He's a man who is trying to forget his past. He's trying so hard to be someone he's not. There really two different side's to him, Koen the smart, caring, kind man. And Dog, the man he wants everyone to think he is. I liked seeing both sides of him and I actually liked both sides.

I really liked Mel, she's the daughter of the fallen Fort Worth president and sister of Dana (who has also been lost). She a women who's been in hiding for the past year only to come out and find that her whole life has changed. I really felt for Mel and everything she was going through. She's just trying to figure out where she fits into the life now and isn't having much luck with it.

I really enjoyed this book and I thought that Mel and Dog were perfect for each other. I really liked that they weren't strangers to each other and already had a friendship of sorts. Even though this book is lighter than other's in this series, I still enjoyed it. I liked seeing familiar old faces in this book and seeing softer sides to them. And even though this book is a bit different from the others there's no lack of drama.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment