Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hard Proof {Book Review}


Title: Hard Proof 
Series: Notus Motorcycle Club
Author: Debra Kayn 
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Identical twin sisters move to St. John's, Oregon, buy Vavoom's Bar, and purposely put themselves into the path of Notus Motorcycle Club.

Burdened by a deep, dark secret, Clara has to be careful because one wrong step, one wrong word, could land her and Gracie in prison. Her need to stay close to the motorcycle club members backfire when Wayne Shaw throws her heart into a tailspin. There is more to the possessive biker than she originally thought. Cornered and out of options, she can only go forward and hope Wayne protects her.

Wayne Shaw splits his time between working at Port Loaders, searching for missing persons in partnership with the local police department, and keeping Notus Motorcycle Club together in hopes a brother will come home. Skilled at finding clues normal people miss, he has no trouble telling the new owners of Vavoom's apart. He only wants Clara.

When a little girl goes missing, followed by a teenager disappearing, Wayne's need to keep Clara safe while searching for a serial killer gets tested…until he's no longer sure who is the hunted and who is the hunter.
My Review:
So this is a brand new series from Mrs. Kayn. I have read a few of Mrs. Kayn's books before now and have really enjoyed them. I do want to say though before continuing on with this review that if your a fan of MC books, this book is nothing like your typical MC book. This book doesn't include a lot of members, it doesn't seem to the hang arounds (ok well that's not entirely true). This club is really only made out of five members, but really its only four since one of them took off.
I enjoyed Clara, I really did. I thought she was sweet, caring and kind. I thought that she was a bit friendly than her twin sister. I do want to say though I did kind of roll my eyes when she wasn't sure or not if she wanted to tell Wayne the truth or not.
I loved Wayne. He's not your typical hard core president of a MC club. He was very laid back in a way. But beside his regular job, he was very dedicated to helping find people. I loved the friendship/brother hood he had with his best friends, who made up the rest of the Notus MC.
I really did enjoy this book from start to finish. It grabbed my attention from the beginning and held it till the end. I can't wait for the next book in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment