Thursday, December 10, 2015

Dirty Ink {Book Review}


Title: Dirty Ink {Dirty Love Book One}

Author: K. Renee 

Genre: Erotic Romance

Book Description:

**Warning** Suggested for 18 and over. Contains BDSM and explicit sex scenes. May also contain triggers.

Brielle Tyler is a twenty-five year old college student, trying to find her place in the world.

Hudson Knox is a thirty year old tattoo artist who has been building up his tattoo shop, Dirty Ink.

 Brielle's long term boyfriend breaks up with her and she finds herself going to a tattoo shop to break free of her good girl shell.

 Once Hudson inks Brielle's skin in his shop, he can't stop thinking about the fiery raven haired beauty. A chance encounter a week later, throws Hudson and Brielle together for the ride of their lives.


My Review:

      Ok I'm going to be completely honest here and say I have been sitting here on my review for the past week. I want to say that I'm a fan of the authors, and love her Wayward Saint's series and her stand alone Lyndley. So to say the least I really wanted to read this book. The  synopsis sounded really good. 

   But unfortunately for me this book was kind of a miss for me. I'm not sure what it was but something about it just kind of bugged me. I'm not sure if it was the insta-love connection they evidently have or what. I just kind of found their connection unbelievable, for me anyways.

     I will say that I really liked Hudson. I thought he was sweet, kind, caring, protective and sexy. 

     I want to say I liked Brielle, I really do. But I just don't know. She kind of got on my nerves. I just couldn't connect with her character at all. 

     I really wanted to enjoy this book and did find parts of it enjoyable. There's parts of it that will keep you guessing. I will warn you that this does end with a cliffhanger. Which I didn't realize going into it.

     I'm giving this book 3.5 stars out of 5!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

1 comment: