Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Southern Pleasure {Book Review}


TitleSouthern Pleasure
Author: Kaylee Ryan
Genre: New Adult Romance

Book Description:


They tell you that a parent’s love is all consuming. I never put much thought into it. Not until the minute I heard her take her first breath. That little girl is my world. I’d do anything to protect her.

My ex signed over her rights and her family vowed that my daughter didn’t exist. Now that she’s gone, they want my little girl. They’re trying to say I can’t give her what she needs.

I’ve known Evan all my life. Our families farms run parallel with each other. He and my brother Aaron have been best friends for as long as I can remember.

What they’re trying to do is wrong. He needs my help, someone he can trust and I’m more than happy to do it. I volunteered without hesitation.

I should have thought about what it would be like to have our lives intertwined. I should have thought about what would happen when our time together ended and how my heart would feel when I had to walk away.

My Review:

    I have to say anytime I read a book from Mrs. Ryan I thoroughly enjoy them. This book is a sweet light book with a touch of Southern charm. 

   I loved Evan's character. He's a stand up guy who wants to take care of his baby right from the beginning, even it is by himself. I just thought Evan was a sweet, caring, all around good guy.

    I liked McKinley. I thought it was sweet of her to want to help and have no problem helping Evan. There were a few moments though she tended to get on my nerves.

     I did enjoy this book and thought it was a good read. If you enjoy brothers best friend type books, than I think you'll enjoy this book.

    I'm giving this book 3.5 stars out of 5.



Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment