Saturday, August 1, 2015

Trust Honor Love (Blind Vows Book 1) {Book Review}


Title: Trust Honor Love {Blind Vows Book 1}

Author: J.M. Witt

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Trust Honor Love: An experiment of marital proportions. 

Lucy Roberts is sick of the dating scene and especially of what she can never have; 
The Kerrigan brothers, specifically twins Will and Heath. 

A bad run-in with Heath proves everything she already knew about him; he’s not Will. 
Agreeing to a new experiment; she lets a panel of experts pick out her future husband. 

Heathcliff Kerrigan is convinced Lucy is made to be his and not Will’s. 
Their family ties go back decades, just like his love for her. 

After his attempts to claim her go wrong, he lets her go. Or does he? 
Making a drastic change, he decides to partake in the same marriage experiment. 

Find out if their destinies are truly tied to one another or not. 

Trust has them risking everything. 
Honor gets them down the aisle. 
Love will be the biggest test of all.

My Review:

     So I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book, but it sure wasn't what I read. I thought the synopsis of the book was catchy and would be something I would enjoy. Plus I thought I would change it up from what I usually have been reading. But through about 37% of this book I found myself shaking my head and I wasn't sure if I would finish it. But I trudge on and read through it. But I will admit after the halfway point it did pick up.

     I had a hard time connecting with the characters and with the plot. I thought the plot was a good idea and that's what drew me to this book and I wanted to see where the author would take it.

    I especially had a hard time connecting with Lucy. I just found her to be a bit nieve and sorry not to be rude, but not much to her. She spent most of the first part of the book pinning away for Will. And than the other half either not believing/trusting in Heath or fighting with him.

     I liked Heath. I had a better time connecting with his character,  than Lucy's. Though I felt like he should have come cleaner with her sooner than he did. Probably would have saved them both a lot of trouble.

    Like I said I had a hard time getting into this book and spent half of it shaking my head. I think it definitely got better when it got to Heath's pov. I also felt like there was something missing from it. 

     I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5. 



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment