Monday, September 11, 2017

The Cowboy's Second-Chance Family {Book Review}


Title: The Cowboy's Second-Chance Family
Series: Return To Stonerock 
Author: Jules Bennett
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Finding love twice in a lifetime 

When Lucy Brooks lost her husband, her dreams of a family went with him. Now her life is a busy balance of friends, work and the demands of her small ranch. When she meets handsome, brooding Noah Spencer, she recognizes the grief in his penetrating eyes. And yet she can't deny the feelings—and hope—that he has reawakened within her. 

All widower Noah has in life is his little daughter and a fresh start as Stonerock's newest police officer. Right now this cowboy needs to keep his life simple and his heart guarded. Yet he can't resist the instant pull of sweet, selfless Lucy. This could be a second chance at happily-ever-after…if they can both let go of the past. 

My Review:

I mean what can I really say? Except for wow Mrs. Bennett has done it once again. It was so nice to return to Stonerock, Tennessee once again. If you have read Mrs. Bennett's series 'St. John's of Stonerock' than you're probably familiar with Stonerock and with some of the character's that make appearances in this series. 

I really liked Noah in this book. I really felt for him and everything him and his daughter have been through. After losing his wife and than losing his ranch, he's just trying to move on. Or not really move on but continue on with life with his daughter. I loved that Noah was sweet, kind, caring, and protective. And I absolutely loved his daughter little Emmy, she was adorable. 

I liked Lucy. She's dealing with her own lose still, she lost her husband two years beforehand. She helps her two best friends run grief group. But I have to say Lucy is just going through the movements of each day. I don't think she really had dealt with her own loss, even though she was convinced she had. 

I thought this was a very enjoyable read. As I said at the beginning of this review I loved going back to Stonerock and seeing a couple of familiar faces. I can't wait for more from this series!!!!

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment