Saturday, September 16, 2017

Bound by Vengeance {Book Review}


Title: Bound by Vengeance
Series: Ravage MC Bound #3
Author: Ryan Michele
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Vengeance: punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.
Austyn Cruz’s life has been turned on its axis. She’s done with sitting on the sidelines while those around her deal with her problems.

Growing up in the Ravage MC, there’s always been someone at her back. Now it’s time for her to deal with her problems on her own. That is, until the guy she’s lusted over and loved for more years than she can count decides to claim her.

Only, it’s too late. He’s too late. Everything has changed.
Ryker James lives by one rule: live free. His past does not define him, but it does decide to give him a wakeup call after years of lying dormant. It’s time to face his demon and make sure, once and for all, it never comes back into his life. All the while protecting the one and only he’s loved for longer than he should.  

Two people tied together by their pasts. Two people searching for vengeance. Will the retribution they seek tear them apart, or bring them together? In the end, justice will be served … the Ravage MC way.

** Bound by Vengeance (Ravage MC Bound Series Book Three) is a standalone full-length novel. You do not have to read the Ravage MC series nor Bound Series to follow this book, but if you’d like to see where it all started, you really should. **

My Review:

So after finishing the last book in this series I wasn't quite sure if I was going to continue on with this series. I know in my review of the first book in this series I put how much I love when an author makes a new series with the kids. But sometimes in my opinion that the new series with the kids can be hit or miss. So far in this series it been a big miss for me. But I with the way the last book ended and with the questions it left me. I wanted to give this book a chance and see if those questions I had left over were answered.

Austyn where do I start with her?....... I will start with I think Austyn was the first female in this series that I have truly liked. I did feel for her and what she had been through. But at the same point there were times I had to roll my eyes at how she acted. I had to remind myself at times that her character was young. I also kind of felt like her family took it way too easy on her at times.

I will say that I did like Ryker and that I'm glad he finally got it together to go after the girl. I think the most surprising thing was the kind of family Ryker came from. You could see how much he cared for his sister's and how much he wanted to help them.

I will say this as soon as this book landed on my kindle I started it (even though I should have been reading something else) and couldn't put it down. I actually devoured this book in a few hours, which was a difference between the other books in this series. But once again I kind of find myself at a stand still with this series and wondering if I will continue on with it. While yes this book did answer my unanswered questions from the last book. And yes I liked this book so much better than the others in this series. I still feel like this book was missing something, like although the other's made appearances in this book, I felt like they were missing at the same time. Although Cruz and Princess made appearances for their daughter, I felt like they were missing this book. I felt like they were more involved in the first two books than in this one. And yes while I remember that this is the kids' turn to shine and not the parents, as I just mentioned it felt like that they just weren't there in this book.

I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment