Thursday, September 21, 2017

Double Crossed {Book Review}


Title: Double Crossed
Series: A Cobras MC Novella
Author Name: Colbie Kay
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

****Warning****
This novella is potentially triggering for victims of domestic abuse.

Snake

Thirty years ago I had everything I wanted until one drunken night destroyed it all.

Twenty-four years ago my life was destroyed once again. My daughter was taken from me and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

Now I have my daughter back and the life I lost all those years ago. Seems like everything should be perfect, right? Wrong.

As secrets unfold, people get crossed and lives are changed forever. Will I be able to hold everything together? Will I gain new beginnings or lose again? Will two motorcycle clubs still coexist when everything is said and done?

My Review:

So I have to say I was so excited when I heard that Snake was getting his own book. There was something about him that I wanted to get to know better. I would recommend though if you haven't read Mrs. Kay's Sinner's Series, you may want to read some of those to understand who Snake is. Though I guess at the same time you could read this as a stand alone, but you might be confused who other people in this story are.

So Snake and Victoria are no strangers to each other. In fact they used to be a thing year's and year's before, but due to unfortunate circumstances. Untrustworthy friends and the in ability to just talk to each other made them go in different directions. And they both certainly didn't have any easy journey to come back into each other's lives.

I really don't want to give any spoiler's away which would be way to easy to do for this book. But I will say this I really liked Snake and Victoria together. And even though their lives went in separate directions, I'm glad that they could find each other again and finally have the HEA, which they should have already had a long time beforehand.

I will say that the only thing that really bugged me about this book is that I feel like the end was sort of rushed. But other than that I really enjoyed it. I devoured it in one setting. I also wish it had been a full length book, but hey I'll take what I can get. This book had everything I loved about a book in it, the drama, the angst, the secrets.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment