Saturday, September 9, 2017

Pitch Please {Book Review}


Title: Pitch Please
Series: There's No Crying in Baseball
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Sports Romance

Book Description:


Baseball is life, the rest is just details.

Everyone who’s played the game has heard those words a time or two. But Hancock has heard them his entire life from his parents. His family has lived and breathed baseball even before he started little league.

Hancock “Parts” Peters has a name that inspires grins across many faces, but the moment those faces get their first look at him, those grins slide away.
Hancock is gruff, filterless, and doesn’t give a crap who he offends. He is the only man in baseball who doesn’t care if he gets an endorsement or not. He’s there to play the game. He’s there to win. He’s there because baseball is his life.
People think he’s a jerk.

And maybe he is. But if that’s how he has to come off to get people to leave him the hell alone so he can play in peace, so be it. The less people he has to worry about offending, the better.

***
Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.
Sway Coffman didn’t mean to rock the boat. She was just there to do her job.
Sure, she was a woman in a man’s world. Yes, she beat out several of those men to get the job as head athletic trainer for the professional baseball team, The Texas Lumberjacks. And yeah, she now got hate mail from those men.

But she’s good at her job, and she earned the position.

What she is not good at, however, is talking to men.

Men seem to see her curvy hips, large breasts and thick thighs and automatically think she is incompetent. Because surely a fat girl couldn’t get the job treating some of the most fit and athletic men in the world, right?

Wrong.

This fat girl got the job, and she is proud of it.

What else did she get?

The attention of the sexiest bearded man she’d ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on.

It was enough to bring to her down to her knees…in front of that man, the hot and grumpy baseball player, Hancock Peters.

My Review:

Yes so happy that we are finally getting a brand new series from one of my go to author's. I was so flipping excited when I heard Mrs. Vale was writing a baseball series next. Baseball romances are one of my favorite kind of sports romances to read. 

I absolutely loved Hancock. I thought he was hilarious, kind, caring, confident, swoon worthy, smexy. I loved that he kept everything light heart-ted. I thought his brother's were freaking hilarious also. I also thought his dynamics with his family were very interesting. I loved that he was superstitious and some of his routine made me chuckle. 

 I thought that Sway was very likable in this book. I also thought that even though she seemed very shy, that she also reminded me of someone who would be everyone's best friend. I thought she was sweet, kind, caring, and independent. 

I really like the start of this brand new series from Mrs. Vale. I thought it was a breath of fresh air in her books. Obviously or maybe this series will be a bit lighter than her other books. Not saying that I don't love her other books. But it was nice reading something different and lighter from her. I loved the secondary character's.

I'm giving book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next book in this series!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment