Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Worth The Wait {Book Reviews}



Title: Worth the Wait
Series: McKinney/Walker #1
Author: Claudia Connor
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

The first in a spin off series of the New York Times Bestselling McKinney Brothers, WORTH THE WAIT takes readers on a journey through young love into adulthood in a heartwrenching, second chance love story.

Nick Walker thought nothing could destroy what he had with Mia. He certainly never thought he would be the one to destroy it.

Now ten years later, Mia James is in Special Agent Nick Walker’s path once again and this time he’s determined to shed the weight of regret and finally claim the future that was always meant to be theirs.

It won’t be easy. Mia’s heart was shattered by Nick and now, just when she’d pieced it back together, it’s been broken again, bringing their past to the surface, including her own secret about that day everything went wrong.

***Every title by Claudia Connor is a Contemporary Romance and a full stand alone novel. No cheating, no love triangle, no cliff hanger.


My Review:

    I have to say that I am a big fan of the McKinney brothers series. So I was really excited when I heard there was going be a spin-off series.

       Now I want to say that this book does a lot of back and forth, between past and present. Now I dont mind when a book usually does that, because if the characters have a past I like seeing how they were or what made them split. Now as much as I liked seeing Nick and Mia's relationship in the past. I'm not quite sure the back and forth worked for this book. A big chunck of this book was spent going back in the past and at times seemed to be moving slowly.

    Boy both Nick and Mia's characters frustrated me to no end. And my heart broke for Nick probably every other chapter.

     I don't want to say I didn't enjoy this book because I did. But as I mentioned above there were times I found the book to move slowly and I skimmed through some parts. But other than that I thought it was a sweet light read.

    I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5. And I'm really interested in reading Luke's story!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books Promotions via Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from other's.

No comments:

Post a Comment