Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Home Run {Book Review}



Title: HOME RUN
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Series: The Boys of Summer, #2

Book Description:

LOVE ISN'T A GAME . . . 

I've given up everything for the chance to play major league baseball. Everything. Now I'm so close I can practically hear the crowd chanting my name. There's nothing that could take my dream away from me . . . 

Unless I lose focus. And Ainsley Burke is the most beautiful, distracting woman I've ever met. When I'm with her, I can't think of anything else.

But no matter how much I want Ainsley, there's no room for love in my game plan. I can give her a quick tour of the bases, but that's it. Then I have to let her go. If she wants to think I'm a love 'em and leave 'em player, fine. 

All dreams require sacrifice. I just wish this one didn't mean tearing out my own heart.

My Review:

So I want to start out by saying that I thought I would give this series one more chance and read the second book. I had a real hard time getting into the first book Third Base.... But as I just mentioned I wanted to give this series one more chance seeing Baseball romances are one of my favorites!!!!!

I loved Cooper Bailey. Cooper is a rookie on the Renegades, he lives, breaths, eats, and sleeps baseball. He hasn't really made time in his life for anything else, since his mother passed away and he started playing baseball. Throughout the whole book I felt for him and at times just wanted to reach through my kindle and hug him.

I did really like Ainsley in this book. Even though she was a bit stubborn or hard headed, whichever you want to call her. And even though were times I wanted to kick her backside into gear. Though I understood where she was coming from at times with everything going on with her mother. 

I have to say I enjoyed this second book so much better than the first book. I thought the characters were much more relatable in this book. I also loved seeing more of the teammates in this book and them interacting. I felt more of a connection with this book and the characters than I did in the first book!!!!

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment