Thursday, September 1, 2016

Fully Involved {Book Review}


Title: Fully Involved
Series: A Brotherhood of District 23 
Author: Amy Briggs
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

Isabel Cruise spends her days investigating crimes as a detective, and her nights hoping for a man who will finally satisfy her sexual cravings. Hiding her deep desires was easy until she let herself go one night with the sexy Matt Cavanaugh, a no strings attached firefighter who brings just the right amount of dominance that she’s been looking for.

Refusing to give into the idea of a real connection, an arsonist on the loose creates a divide that threatens to destroy them before they ever get started. With all clues leading to a perpetrator at Matt’s station, Isabel is forced to investigate Matt and the other firefighters at District 23.

Will Matt and Isabel have a chance to make a real connection beyond their steamy encounters, or will she have to prosecute one of the firefighters, ruining any chance for something more?


My Review:

     I have to say after reading Fired Up I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. Even though it hasn't been that long since the first book came out. It seemed like I was waiting a long time for this book. 

   I absolutely fell in love with Matt in the first book. And fell in love with him even more in this book. In the first book we get to see him as the sweet, caring  and goofy best friend of Jo's. Than in this book we still get to see the sweet, caring and goofy side. But we also get to see a different side to him. 

    I wasn't really sure what to make of Isabel at first. She kind of seemed standoffish. But after a few chapters I started liking her more. I hate to use this analogy, but she was kind of like an onion and once you started peeling back her layers you got to see a different side to her. 

     I have to say this is one of those books that I was just waiting for. I really did find it to be an enjoyable read. Though there were a couple times it moved a bit slow to me and I skimmed through. But that didn't take away from the action, drama and intensity of the story.

     I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Give Me Books Promotions for my honest opinion. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment