Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Drawn Deeper {Book Review}

 
Title: Drawn Deeper
Series: Lockhart Brothers: Book Three
Author: Brenda Rothert
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 
Book Description:
 
I’ve come undone. For years I thought the world looked at my family and saw perfection. I was a busy surgeon and my wife was devoted to our two boys. But her devotion crumbled as her alcoholism took over. The outside world saw all too well what I wanted to deny.

Ten months ago she filed for divorce, packed up and moved away. To where – I don’t know. Nor do I care. But my boys do. And they’re left with me, a man who never learned how to be the dad they deserve.

Just when I’m starting to pick up the pieces, my world is rocked again by the last woman I’d expect. Given her past with my family, she’s a bad idea. But I’m drawn like a moth to a flame. I can’t stay away, even though I know this, too, will eventually crumble around me.
 
My Review:
 
Oh my goodness, I really have no words for this book (and I mean that in the best possible way). I feel like I have been waiting forever for this book. I have been dying to dive into Kyle's book. As soon as I got it I couldn't dive in fast enough. I have to say I love each and every one of these Lockhart Brother's. And I have to say that Mrs. Rothert appropriately named this book Drawn Deeper. Because as soon as you start reading it, you get sucked further into these characters and series.
 
Awwww man what can I say about Kyle? Well to start off Kyle's kind of a different breed of leading male character. He's not your typical play-boy, manwho*e, bad boy. Kyle's only been with one woman who had been his high school sweetheart and than wife. Now Kyle finds himself divorced and taking care of his boy's all by himself (with his family's help on the side). He's definitely not looking for love, and definitely not looking for it with his brother's ex-fiancé. I found Kyle to be an extremely refreshing character who wasn't afraid to show his vulnerable side.
 
I really liked Meredith. Even though she's basically shuned by her hometown of Lovely and she's known as Reed Lockhart's ex-fiancé, or the runaway bride. She doesn't let that bring her down (much) and holds her head up high.
 
I really really really can't express how much I loved this book. I loved watching Kyle and Meredith's relationship develop. And loved seeing all of the Lockhart's making appearance's in the book!!!!
 
I'm giving this book 5 Stars Out of 5!!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment