Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Christmas Comes to Main Street {Book Review}


Title: CHRISTMAS COMES TO MAIN STREET
Author: Olivia Miles
Series: Briar Creek, #5

Book Description:

The fifth and final novel in Olivia Miles contemporary romance Briar Creek series!

The mistletoe is out, and the gloves are off . . .

'Tis the worst season to be single, but Kara Hastings won't let a little Christmas funk spoil the festive season. Sure, running her own bakery is a little harder than she expected, but she can handle it. And she'll prove it to a certain infuriatingly handsome, bossy Big City guy. She may be sugar and spice, but she can kick his butt twice.

Nate Griffin is in Briar Creek only for the holidays, and he refuses to fall for the whole "small town, candy cane-scented Christmas Wonderland" thing. He's more interested in the fresh-faced cookie chef who always knows exactly how to get under his skin. So when Nate challenges Kara in the town's big holiday contest, it's not just the competition that starts to heat up. If he's not careful, Kara won't just melt his icy resolve against a small-town Christmas . . . she'll melt his heart too.

My Review:

Tis' the Season for the holiday themed stories to start coming out. I love this time of year and reading all the holiday themed stories I can. For some reason they just tend to get me in the holiday spirit. I have to say this was my first time reading anything from Mrs. Miles and visiting Briar Creek.

I will say that I had hard time getting into this story and connecting with the character's. I'm not sure what it was, but something was stopping me from fully enjoying it at first. But towards the middle I started getting into it.

I liked Kara. Even though her hometown of Briar Creek knows she the girl who hardly holds a job for a few months. Now has her own bakery and is out to prove to everyone that she is determined to make her bakery work and stick with it.

I will say I wasn't to sure about Nate at first. He definitely had the Scroogie Bah Humbug thing going for him at first. Though once you get to know him better and understand where his attitude on christmas comes from than at times I felt for him. Though at times I will say that he came off a bit judgmental

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!!. 





Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment