Monday, April 13, 2015

Ricochet: Extraction Point {Book Review}


Title: Ricochet: Extraction Point 

Author: Heather C. Leigh

Genre: Contemporary Romance 

Book Description:

Rick "Ricochet" Brennan served eight years as an elite Marine special ops Force Recon soldier. After an injury, and the terrible memories from that night, he retires and goes to work for his former Command Officer, Howard "Mack" McEvoy, at his training center in Atlanta.

Sanctum MMA appears on the surface to be a normal gym, training elite fighters to be the best. Except each trainer, hand-picked by Mack, possesses a special background that allows Mack to run one of the best-kept secrets in the country.

When twenty-three year old Quinn Wallace finally escapes her abusive husband, she turns to her father’s old Marine Corps buddy, Mack, for help. Broken and skittish, Quinn finds herself surrounded by large, intimidating men— men who could easily overpower her. She avoids them the best she can, but when Rick turns out to be more than just a rough fighter with bruised knuckles, she finds herself wondering if she can allow herself to trust again.

My Review:
 
      Extraction Point is the final book  in this three part release. And I have to say maybe my favorite of all three books. In the first one we really got to know Quinn and Rick. Than in the second one we got to see Quinn come out of her shell and start showing her "old self" and trying to gain Rick's trust again. In this book the action picks up some and Quinn's ex-husband makes a reappearance in this book and stirs up some trouble.
 
     As with the second part, this book starts off right where the second book left off. I have to say both Rick and Quinn make some mistakes in this book. I really felt like they should have been more open with each other about stuff they were keeping secret. I mean I understood why Rick couldn't let on about what he and the guy's really did. Than at the same time I felt like Quinn should have told Rick about her ex. But I guess we can't always linger on the should've, could've, would've doesn't mean the same thing would have happened had they been more open.
 
    I still loved Rick in this book. With all of his alpha male hotness.
 
   I think Quinn once again showed how strong she was in this book. Even after what her ex did to her once again. She didn't want to give up and stayed strong.
 
    I have to say that I truly enjoyed these books and there were so many emotions in all three books. There was something different in all three books that kept me captivated and kept me reading them. The had some suspense, some action, they made me teary eyed and made me laugh. Also can't forget the off the charts hot chemistry between Rick and Quinn.
 
     I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars and would definitely recommend all three books!!! I can't wait to read more from this author!!!!



    You can purchase Ricochet: Extraction Point on Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1Gq6ePa and Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1CmpXt3


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100 % of my own and my differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment