Saturday, April 4, 2015

Maverick {Book Review}


Title: Maverick

Author: Chelsea Camaron

Book Description:

Invisible – Unseen 

He was the high school crush who never knew I existed. I am still the girl hiding against the wall. 
Life for Kenzy Davis is far from easy right now. After ending a long term relationship, she is back in her hometown, starting over. 


Maverick Collins works hard and plays even harder. An invisible illness shakes his world at its core as his father fights for his life. Everything he ever took for granted stares him in the face, including the shy girl from his past. 

Watching someone you love battle an illness is never easy. When the ICU nurse caring for his dad is the one girl from his past he saw around but overlooked, does Maverick find comfort in her embrace? Does Kenzy find a new calm in the chaos of her life? Or do their feelings remain invisible yet again? 

Intended for mature audiences only. This book contains strong language and strong sexual situations. Please do not buy if any of this offends you.


My Review:

This was a little different  read for me from author Chelsea Camaron. I'm so used to reading MC books from her. But this was a nice change and different pace from her to me. I found this book to be very enjoyable. It was a sweet and short read, which I found myself wishing there was more of. 

I liked Kenzy. She was sweet and sassy, caring. She really seemed to find herself again after leaving her boyfriend. And you could really see she enjoyed and cared about her job as a nurse. And she really cared about Maverick's fathers well being. 

First of all I have to say I loved Maverick's  name and I loved his character. Obviously a play boy. But at the same time he was sweet and caring, and sexy. You could tell how much his father meant to him.

I don't really want to say this was a second chance romance for Kenzy and Maverick, since they hadn't ever been together. But it was more of a finding each other again romance. Like I said before it was a sweet and short, oh and hot read. 

I'm giving it 4 Out of 5 Stars and can't wait to read the next one. 

You can purchase Maverick on Amazon Us http://amzn.to/1Cb2GdV or Amazon UK http://amzn.to/1FvHKmi



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Love Between the Sheets for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment