Friday, April 10, 2015

Hard To Be Good {Book Review}



Title: Hard to be Good {Hard Ink Novella}


Author: Laura Kaye


Book Description:


Hard Ink Tattoo owner Jeremy Rixey has taken on his brother’s stateside fight against the forces that nearly killed Nick and his Special Forces team a year before. Now, Jeremy’s whole world has been turned upside down—not the least of which by a brilliant, quiet blond man who tempts Jeremy to settle down for the first time ever.

Recent kidnapping victim Charlie Merritt has always been better with computers than people, so when he’s drawn into the SF team’s investigation of his army colonel father’s corruption, he’s surprised to find acceptance and friendship—especially since his father never accepted who Charlie was. Even more surprising is the heated tension Charlie feels with sexy, tattooed Jeremy, Charlie’s opposite in almost every way.

With tragedy and chaos all around them, temptation flashes hot, and Jeremy and Charlie can’t help but wonder why they’re trying so hard to be good...



My Review:


      Ok so I will admit that this is not the kind of typical book that I usually read. But since I love the Hard Ink series so much, and I've really liked Jeremy and Charlie's character's I thought I would give this novella a try. I loved this novella right from the start, it starts off kind of where the last book left off. Author Laura Kaye just pulls you into the story.


      I have loved Jeremy and Charlie's character's from the beginning of this series. Jeremy is so open, friendly, outgoing, confident  and positive. He's sure in himself and his sexuality. Not to mention that he's my kind of guy with his piercing's and tattoo's. He really doesn't care what other people seem to think about him being bi-sexual or gay.  


     Oh Charlie..... Sweet, sweet Charlie. What can I say about Charlie. I have a soft spot for Charlie. He's been through so much already since the beginning of this series. He's so quite and keeps to himself. I think a lot of that has to do with how his father treated him.


    As I said above I loved this novella, even though its not the norm for me reading wise. I think Jeremy and Charlie were perfect for each other. When Charlie was shy and unsure. Jeremy was strong and positive and gave Charlie just enough push.  The chemistry between the two is off the charts and the smexy scenes even hotter. I also loved that the whole Hard Ink family was accepting of them being together.


    I'm giving this 4 Stars Out of 5 and would recommend it. I can't wait for the next book in this series!!!!




           You can purchase Hard to be Good on Amazon , B & N, iBooks and on Kobo


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment