Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Changing Lines {Book Review}


Title: Changing Lines
Series: A Bellevue Bullies Novella, Book Five
Author: Toni Aleo
Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance

Book Description:

Claire and Jude Sinclair have been living the perfect life for the last ten years. 

Blissfully in love, professionally successful, happily married… They have everything they want—except a baby to make their family complete. 

On the eve of the birth of the baby they’re planning to adopt, Jude gets traded to another hockey team in another state, and their thoughtfully planned-out road to parenthood hits a speed bump. 

But they didn’t survive all the turmoil of their pasts to get knocked out now. This is their game seven, and they won’t accept anything less than a win for the family they’re destined to have.

My Review:

So I first have to say that I have been reading A Lot of dark reads lately. So it was nice and refreshing for a change of pace (see what I did there? Change of pace= Changing Lines, LOL), and read a lighter read. Anyways as always I'm a huge fan of Mrs. Aleo's and have been following and reading her books for a long time. I'm always excited when I see she's coming out with something new. 

And as much as I would have loved to have a full-length book, this book was sweet and short and to the point. It was nice to return to characters of the Bellevue Bullies series. 

It was nice to get to see Jude and Claire Sinclair again. I have to admit that their probably two of my favorite characters from the Bellevue Bullies. It was nice to get to catch up with them and finally, finally expand their family. I do have to admit though that I was a bit worried that something would go wrong for them. 

I really enjoyed this novella and thought it was a nice addition to the Sinclair family. As mentioned above it was short and sweet and to the point. Shockingly Mrs. Aleo was able to make me a bit misty-eyed at one point. And I have to say I was expecting a bit of drama which never came so it was a bit anticlimactic. But as always it was nice to see characters that we're familiar with once again and see them get their true happily ever after. 

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from L. Woods PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment