Friday, June 8, 2018

Get You Some {Book Review}



Title: Get You Some
Series: The Simple Man Series
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romance Suspense

Book Description:

You want some?

She snarls those words at him with barely concealed hostility the moment he arrives at her window to ask for her license and registration.

After a few choice words, he lets her go with not one ticket, but three.

Next time she should check the attitude at the door and realize that he’s a cop, and just doing his job.

Come get some.

Fast forward a week, and he’s still unable to think about anything else but her and her bad attitude—oh, and those sexy lips, angry eyes, and her promise to make his life hell.

Knowing he should stay away, he takes a step back and tries not to think about anything that has to do with those long legs, and that mouth that could be used for much better things than spewing venom.

Then she makes a mistake.

At an interview, she rattles off a random number to use as a reference for a job that she desperately needs, and that number just happens to be Johnny’s. 

She’ll regret being so rude, and one day she’ll think twice when she decides to throw attitude toward a man like him.
Vowing to make her life hell, he decides to have a little fun.
Never get enough.

What he doesn’t expect is to fall for her.

The more Johnny learns about June, the deeper he digs his hole. Soon, he 
doesn’t know which way is up, and he’s just fine with that.

Over time, he learns that not everyone bothers to dig past her prickly demeanor and get to the woman that lives deeper.
When one too many citizens of Hostel, Texas tries to back her against the wall, he’s had enough.

After all, you don’t mess with what’s his.

My Review:


      So I know this book is probably getting 5 Star raving and glowing reviews. And gahhh I do wish I could give this book a raving and glowing review. BUT unfortunately I can’t..... I was super excited about this book because it was Johnny’s book. I tried to like this book, I mean I really tried. But this book just didn’t work for me.

    Let’s start with Johnny. We first meet Johnny way back in Lights to my Siren, his parents book. That’s right Johnny, is Sebastian’s little boy Johnny. Though now Johnny’s not so little or so cute anymore. I loved little Johnny back in his parents book, probably because he was a cute adorable little kid. Now grown up Johnny, I just found to annoying and rude. I don’t know what it was but grown up Johnny just rubbed me the wrong way. I found him to be almost like a grown up kid and because something wasn’t going his way had  a huge temper tantrum and it wasn’t cute or funny.

   Now June.... What can I say about June? Well I didn’t dislike like her. But she just kind of there. It was kind of like she was just put in the story for Johnny.

     As I mentioned I really wanted to like this book. But it just didn’t work for me and it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I never really felt a connection between Johnny and June. The one thing that I can always always count on in a book from Mrs. Vale is the feeling of the family ties. And I just didn’t get that in this book. I just kind of felt like this book was thrown together for the heck of it. I was more excited about Cora and Coke’s book than I was this one. I guess this one was just a miss for me.

    I’m giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bubble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment