Thursday, January 18, 2018

Falling for a Cowboy {Book Review}


Title: Falling for a Cowboy
Series: Rocky Mountain Cowboys #2
Author: Karen Rock
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description: 

Doesn’t he get that she’s blind?

Barrel racer Amberley James wants to join the premier rodeo circuit more than anything, but she faces the ultimate hurdle when she loses her eyesight to a rare genetic condition. All she’d ever wanted seems out of reach. Giving up is the only option…until her best friend and local hero Jared Cade steps in. The last thing she wants is Jared’s help. But his persistence at encouraging her to get back in the saddle is ridiculously annoying. And undeniably inspiring…

My Review

So I missed reading the first book in this new series. But I did grab it, but just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. And I have a thing about series and reading them in order. But as soon as I started reading this book I knew this series would be fine reading the books just on there own. This is a sweet second chance story that packs an emotional punch. 

I really liked Amberley  and Jared's characters. I could feel their attraction between each other before they even realized it. But at the same time I found them both be the most stubborn of characters at the same time. 

I felt for Amberley  and what she was going through. When she thought all was lost, she found a strength in herself to fight and figure out a way to make things work. She found a way to help kids that also had some kind of disability.

Oh Jared..... Jared.... Jared... Jared.... This guy took his fathers dying words way too seriously. I felt like at times Jared felt like he had to be the hero for his family. And because of that I think he forgot about what he needed and his feelings.

I found this to be a sweet and touching story. I loved the characters and really liked the other Cades. I'm definitely going to have to go and read the first book when I get the opportunity to.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this from from Prism Book Tours for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your wonderful review and for hosting me on Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews Blog!

    ReplyDelete