Saturday, December 30, 2017

Purrfect Santa {Book Review}


Title: Purrfect Santa: Howls Romance
Authors: Jessie Lane and Chasity Bowlin
Genre: Paranormal Romance novella

Book Description:

A woman afraid to love …
Nikki knows what it is to lose those you love. With her focus on her orphaned sister, she hasn’t given herself the chance to process her own grief over the loss of their parents. Life is chaos and the last complication she needs is a mate.
A lion alone for too long …
Joe Miller knows chaos. Being orphaned as a child, he’s never had a family to call his own. Crashing with a friend for the holidays, he’s hoodwinked into playing Santa Claus at a local mall. The last thing on his mind is finding a mate.
A love worth the risk …
With her baby sister on her hip, sadness in her eyes, and a longing in her heart, Nikki waits in line with her sister to see Santa. From the moment he scents her, Joe is in deep. It’s going to take everything he has to convince Nikki the love outweighs the risk to her heart. Luckily for Joe, he has fate and Nikki’s adorable baby sister on his side. After all, who can say no to the Purrfect Santa at Christmas?

My Review:

I thought this was a sweet little romance story. 

I thought that Joe and Nikki were perfect for each other. Although at times I did find Nikki to be a bit hard headed. I thought Joe was perfect. And Nikki's sister was adorable and at times the only thing that saved this book. I also don't think Nikki gave her sister enough credit that she could move on from losing their parents. 

I didn't have an issue with this book. And found it to be enjoyable. But my issue really comes from the Howls romance series. I understand that these are novella's and that there shorter than normal books and your most likely to just scratch the surface of a story with these books. But at times I feel like we don't get to know the characters very well. Though I will make an exception and say I think we got to know Joe and Nikki well in this one. But I'm not sure why they consider these novella's paranormals. Yes I understand that the characters in all of the Howls romance series are shifters of some kind, so that makes them paranormal. But never once in any of the books that I have read in this Howls line have the ever shifted. Their shifters have been mentioned in books and wanting to get out. But they just never shift in these books and that bugs me.

Anyways I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment