Sunday, December 31, 2017

An Untouchables Christmas {Book Review}


Title: An Untouchables Christmas
Series: An Untouchables Novella
Author: Cindy Skaggs
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:


Sofia Capri survived life as a mob wife, but living with drop-dead gorgeous FBI agent Logan Stone has its own challenges. Step one? Host his family for Christmas dinner.
Rescuing Sofia from her former mob life and saving her kidnapped son was enough to earn Logan a place in her life, but a mysterious phone call before dinner threatens the security he'd give anything to provide.
When Sofia's son and Logan's nieces disappear from the festivities, the illusion of a normal Christmas shatters, hurling Sofia back into her nightmares.
Each book in the Untouchables series is a standalone, full-length story that can be enjoyed out of order.

My Review:
Ok so I have to admit that this is the first book that I’ve read by Mrs. Skaggs. I think what drew me the most to this book was the cover and synopsis. Plus I hadn’t read a good mobster type book in a while. What I failed to realize while reading said synopsis is that this wasn’t a mobster type book. Or at least the main female character wasn’t involved with the mob anymore.

Also I don’t think when I went into this book that it was a novella and not a full length book. And even though in the synopsis it say each book in this series can be read as a stand-alone, I felt like I was missing some of the story and was confused at times. And I think that has to do with not having read the first book in this series.

Anywhoo, I did like Sofia and Logan together. From what I could tell from this book (again haven’t read the first book) Sofia and her sons life’s were not very easy from before. But Sofia is trying her hardest to live a normal type life.

I liked Logan a lot. I thought he was completely understanding of Sofia’s little ticks. And probably more patient than anybody else would have been.

I thought once I understood what was going on in this book it was very enjoyable. There was definitely some drama and tense moments. There were also some very hot moments.

I’m giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment