Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Castle of Kings {Book Review}


Title: Castle of Kings
Series: A Kings MC Romance
Author: Betty Shreffler
Genre: MC Romance (Stand alone)


Book Description:

Jake F*cking Castle

When he walks into a room, he owns it. He consumes my very breath and melts my delicate little panties. From the moment he set eyes on me, he decided I was his. No one – not even my brother, Nix – was going to tell him otherwise. It doesn’t matter than Nix is President of the Kings MC Club. Jake wants what he wants, and he’ll set out to get it, whatever the cost.

Jake may be an arrogant asshole, but there’s no denying the hold he has over me. His fierce, carnal need to make me his, and his alone, is a snare I can’t escape. And truth be told, I don’t want to.

But when my life becomes threatened, Jake Castle is the only man my brother trusts to protect me. He knows Jake will do anything to keep me safe.

Anything.

My Review:

So first I have to say I was so flipping excited when I heard Mrs. Shreffler was writing a book in one of my favorite genres. I love MC books and I love whenever there's a new one coming out. So to say I was excited about reading this book is an understatement.  

I want to say though when I started reading this book I had so many mixed feelings about it. My emotions ran up and down on it. And not everyone of them were good feelings.  I found at times that I wanted to throw my kindle across the room and not finish it. But I did push through and finish it. 

Let's start with Liz. She's the younger sister of Nix, who is the president of the Kings MC. She's also returning home from school. I thought she was nice and kind at times. At other times I did find her to be a bit annoying,  she seemed to just go by what her brother said and didn't seem to use her mind. And that kind of drove me nuts. 

Oh boy Jake..... I think Jake fu*king Castle is an appropriate description for him. He's a bit mysterious and a bit dark. I don't want to give anything away, but there is a twist with him I didn't see coming.

I will say this was good read. I thought it moved a bit slow at times and it drove me completely nuts at times. I did find that I did want to get to know some of the other people so I do hope she writes more about these characters. 

I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review.  The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment