Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Best Man Under The Mistletoe {Book Review}


Title: Best Man Under The Mistletoe
Series: Texas Cattleman's Club: Blackmail
Author: Jules Bennett
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Christmas wedding bells are ringing!

Everyone in Royal, Texas, now knows former special agent Gabe Walsh’s connection to the blackmailer terrorizing the town. And Gabe’s suddenly guilty by association. 

Worst thing is, Chelsea Hunt blames him for the compromising photos of her that everyone’s talking about. But since he and Chelsea are planning the Christmas wedding of their best friends, Gabe has many opportunities to show the sexy cowgirl just what a good guy he really is. 

And apparently he’s pretty convincing, because she soon winds up in his bed! But is this just a holiday fling or the real thing?

My Review:

So first I have to say is that I have read several of the books in the Texas Cattlemen's Club. I don't believe I've read any in the Blackmail series. But I have bought and read some from the original series. With that being said I was unfamiliar with the characters going into this story and what had been happening in the TCC (and that's the Texas Cattleman Club for anyone is unfamiliar).

I thoroughly enjoyed both Gabe and Chelsea's characters. I thought they were both smart and witty. Although both were a bit stubborn at times. I thought they had both been handed a bad hand by Gabe's deceased uncle. 

Gabe is a man who is trying to do damage control on his last name for the damage his uncle caused. He's also just trying to keep the customers he already has and not lose them. I thought Gabe was awesome and felt for him for having to keep his name intact for something that was out of his control.

I thought that Chelsea was very likable. She is also trying to put her life back together after photos were shown of her by Gabe's uncle. I thought at times she unfairly judged Gabe because of his uncle. But I understood her hesitation with him. 

I thought that this was an enjoyable read. As I mentioned above I've read the original TCC books, but none from the blackmail series. I felt that this book could be read just fine as a standalone. I also liked the secondary characters.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment