Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas with the Sheriff {Book Review}


Title: Christmas with the Sheriff
Series: Shadow Creek Montana Novel 
Author: Victoria James 
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

After fleeing her beloved small town five years ago, Julia Bailey is back to spend Christmas with her family. Returning is hard, but keeping the devastating secret about her late husband is even harder. Her place isn't in Big Sky Country any longer...but the more time she spends with the irresistible Sheriff who saved her once before, and his adorable little daughter, the more Julia starts wishing she could let go of the past and start a new life.
Single dad and county Sheriff Chase Donovan had been secretly in love with his best friend's wife for years. But after her traumatic loss he knew Julia needed to get away from Shadow Creek, even though helping her leave was the last thing he wanted to do. Now she's home and he doesn't intend to lose her a second time. Chase is going to prove to Julia just how good they can be together this Christmas...and forever.
My Review:

Mrs. James is another new author to me. I really liked the sound of the synopsis of this book. Plus hey it dealt with Christmas. And who doesn’t love to read a good Christmas story at Christmas time?
Oh and on the plus plus side it also dealt with my other favorite sub-genre of a single parent. So I jumped at the chance to be able to read this story.

I really liked Julia in this book. I thought that she was a strong lead character. I felt for her and her losses. I also thought she was sweet, kind, and caring. I also loved that she still obviously had a strong relationship with her former husband that she lost family. You could tell how much she and they cared for each other.

Oh Chase.... I loved Chase to death. Of course he had that whole single daddy thing going for him. I felt for him and his daughter with everything they had been through. Right off the bat you could tell Chase had, had feelings for Julia for a very long time.

I thought that this was a very sweet romance story. Mrs. James hooked me in from the first page to the last. Although at times it was pretty predictable it was still very enjoyable. Also I really enjoyed the lighter moments that made me giggle.

I’m giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and will have to read the rest in this series!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment