Sunday, December 31, 2017

Pipe {Book Review}


Title: Pipe 
Series: Fallen Lords MC, Book 2 
Author: Winter Travers
Genre: MC Romance 

Book Description:

Guarded. Afraid. Confused.


Nikki Nomad’s life is in shambles. Growing up in and out of foster care, she rarely lets anyone in. After watching her best friend Karmen fall in love, Nikki starts to soften to the idea of a happily ever after with Fallen Lords V.P., Pipe.
He’s ruggedly handsome with a careless attitude, and it’s the exact lethal and sexy combination that breaks Nikki’s heart, reminding her life is far from a fairytale and making her run away from the few people she loves.



Stubborn. Careless. Free.



Pipe Mark cares about one person and one person only. 
A revolving door of women might spend the night in his bed, but they all know the score before they step foot through the door.
1. No promises. 2. One night. 
They all respect the rules and go on their merry way more than satisfied in the morning.
All except Nikki.
Nikki makes Pipe want more. He never has before, but he longs to make promises of ending each night tangled in each other's arms. He just realizes it all too late.



Nikki runs, and Pipe ignores the way his body begs for him to chase her. While Nikki thinks Pipe can’t give her what she needs, Pipe is worried Nikki is going to rock his world and never leave it the same.

My Review

I first want to say I really enjoyed the first book in this series. So I was really looking forward to this second book. I had really liked Pipe in the first book and was looking forward to his story. I had also thought I had a clue on how this book was going to go. But when I started reading it, let's just say I was completely off.

This book can be read as a stand alone, but if you haven't read Nickel, I would suggest reading that one so you know who is who. Nikki and Pipe are no strangers to each other and had hooked up at some point in Nickel and Karmen's book. 

Both Nikki and Pipe are more alike than I had realized. They both came from backgrounds that weren't really stable. They are also two of the most hard headed people also. 

Pipe is the Fallen Lords VP and even with all the craziness surrounding his club he's determined to get Nikki. He was definitely swoon worthy in this book. 

Nikki is Karmen's best friend. After finding another woman in Pipe's room she gets mad (even though they weren't together) and runs. Runs from everything and everyone she knows. I don't know what it was but I found Nikki to be a bit childish in this book. I liked her much better in Karmen's book.

I thought this book was a good read. I also thought Nikki had ran for a completely different reason than she did. I liked seeing the other guys of the Fallen Lords and the other ladies.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment