Thursday, April 13, 2017

Tortured {Book Review}


Title: Tortured
Author: Nicole Williams
Genre: Military Romance, Contemporary Romance

Book Description

When he left for a twelve-month deployment, she knew it would feel like forever before they saw each other again. She didn’t realize how right she was.

When Lance Corporal Brecken Connolly gets taken as a POW, Camryn hopes for the best but steels herself for the worst. In the end, steel was what she needed to survive when he didn’t. She moves on the only way she knows how—gilding herself in more steel.

Years go by.

She builds a new life.

She leaves the old one behind.

Until one day, she sees the face of a ghost on the news. Brecken seems to have risen from the dead, but she knows she can’t perform the same miracle for herself. While Brecken was held in a torture camp for the past five years, she’s been trapped in her own kind of prison. One she can’t be freed from.  

The man she mourned comes back to join the living, but the girl he wanted to spend his life with isn’t the same woman he comes back for. Brecken isn’t the same person either. The past five years have changed them both. While he’s determined to put the pieces back together, she’s resolved to let hers rot where they shattered.

Broken or not, Brecken wants her back. He’ll do anything to achieve that. Even if it means going against the warden of Camryn’s personal prison—her husband.

My Review:

This is the first time I have read anything from Mrs. Williams.  And I have to say I'm so happy that I found this author. And I'm also happy that I had the chance to read this book. This was a really powerful read of two people trying to find their way and coming back together.

I have to say I loved both Camryn and Brecken's characters. They didn't feel like characters in a book. They felt like real life people, dealing with real life issue's. 

Camryn is a sweet, caring, kind young woman who is has been in love with Brecken all her life. And is trying to get out of a bad situation with her father. Now years later thinking she's lost Brecken, she found her way out of one bad situation into another. I think Camryn did the best she could under the circumstances she could was handed. 

I loved Brecken right off the bat. He was totally swoon worthy. I mean seriously even with everything he had been through I kept thinking, where can I find a guy like that. 

I found this book to very enjoyable and moving. I loved watching these two finding their way back to each other.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Ardent Prose PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment