Thursday, April 20, 2017

Sever {Book Review}


Title: Sever
Series: Deathstalkers MC Novel
Author: Alexis Noelle
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, and I'm a damn idiot.
That's what he does to me.
Ryder. Smith.

The first heartbreak is always the hardest to heal
And those wounds get ripped right back open,
When he walks back into my life.

Seven years,
It took seven long and grueling years,  
To get that cocky, leather-wearing bastard out of my mind.
I thought I'd never get over him, never fix what he broke,
And now he's back,
Every sexy inch of him,
The difference is now I'm taking charge.
This time he'll be the fool.

My Review:

    I think I have said this in one of my reviews for this series before, but the Deathstalkers MC is one of my favorite go-to MC series. I always look forward to and can't wait for the next one to come out. This book wasn't any different.

     I have to say this book is a little different than the others in this series. Its a little sweeter second chance romance, and definitely lighter than the others. Of course there is a little bit of crazy thrown in to keep you entertained.

    Ryder, aka Tracker, is a former member of the MC that tried to take down the Deathstalkers. Luckily for him and a few others he was given the chance to live and join the Deathstalkers. Now he's the newest member of the Deathstalkers, a new chance on life, and a second chance with evidently the girl who he used to love.

    Megan, was Megan...... I'm not sure how else to explain her. She's a young woman who no longer has to do her parents job, and be the parent. She was kind of your basic every day girl you could find anywhere. Kind of just a normal person.

       Alright although I did find this book to be enjoyable and loved reading it. I'm not really sure I would classify this as an MC book. I kind of felt like these two characters were thrown in the Deathstalkers world. Though I felt that maybe Tracker may have belonged there more than Megan. As I said in the second paragraph this felt like a sweet little second chance romance book, and no there's nothing wrong with that. Here's the thing in a way I feel like this series peaked way to fast and now its kind of leveled out, and again that's not a bad thing for some. But I would love to see Mrs. Noelle get us emotionally involved in this series with however many books are left, like she did the first three or four. The last two just kind of felt flat....

       I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for next!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this Enticing Journey Book Promotions for honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment