Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lies (Phoenix Undercover #1) {Book Review}


Title: Lies
Series: Phoenix Undercover #1
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

FBI Agent Joshua Phoenix goes undercover…Deep.
Thrust into a world of drugs and criminal activity, integrating himself into the Russian Mafia turned out to be much more than Josh bargained for.
It’s dark and it’s dangerous.
The lives they destroy along the way will never be the same.
The things he is forced to do will haunt him forever.
Even more importantly, he never planned on meeting her…
A chance encounter with Real Estate Agent Gabriella Shannon, has Josh questioning his ability to complete his mission.
And now the dark world may consume them both.
He’s in too deep.
Leaving now would only risk the safety of those around him.
But when his cover’s blown Josh is forced to make a decision that will reroute his future.
One decision.
The hardest decision he will ever have to make in his life.
And those he meant to protect will be the ones who suffer the most…

My Review:

    I'll just start this by say wow Mrs. Harms has outdone herself once again. I just found her books a few months ago and have become quickly addicted to her stories. I've read almost all of them now and the ones I haven't I have scheduled for next month. 

    I have to say I was so happy to be given the chance to review this book. It's right up my alley as far as books go. It's got a little bit of everything in it. Romance, Suspense, Action, Smoking Hot Chemistry, the Mob, and a hot officer. And of course I will warn you the dreaded Cliffhanger ending. So if you don't enjoy cliffhangers than I suggest you wait to read. 

     I loved loved loved Josh. He's sweet, caring, loyal and swoon worthy. Basically everything you could ask for in a fictional character. I loved how he was with Gabby. 

    I have to say I really liked Gabby also. And if you often read my reviews than you know I have a hard time with the female leads most of the time. 

     I have to say Mrs. Harms is quickly becoming one of my go-to authors. This book pulls you in from the beginning and keeps you turning the pages. 
And was really enjoyable despite the cliffhanger.

    I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next part.



    You can purchase Lies (Phoenix Undercover #1) on Amazon USAmazon CAAmazon UK, and Amazon AU. 

Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from enticing journey book promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment