Monday, November 2, 2015

Sentenced {Book Review}


Title: Sentenced

Author: L.L. Collins

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description

WARNING 
This book contains substantial adult content and language. It also contains topics that may be disturbing to some readers. This includes topics of drug use, rape, and other significant violence. Read at your own risk. 

If you choose to read this book, please take all necessary precautions. Your reading device may go up in smoke, you may lose sleep, you may have the urge to throw things, and you may never want it to end. Johnny is a dirty talking, hardened character with a past none of us would want to dream of, but he’ll find his way into your heart and won’t let go. 

THE BAD BOY: I’m Johnny. An ex-con with a bad attitude and a controlling demeanor that somehow made the women flock to my bed but never my heart. It was unavailable for possession. 

THE TEMPTATION: She was just supposed to be a two day hookup. But one taste of her and I knew I was in danger of never getting enough. She had her own demons to contend with, and dealing with my own was hard enough. I won't allow temptation to take control of me. 

THE SENTENCE: I'd given myself a life sentence a long time ago, and she made me want things I wouldn't allow myself to have. Giving into it just might destroy us both.

My Review

     I have been a huge fan of author Mrs. Collins ever since I found and started reading her books. She is another one of those authors that you know what your going to get when reading her books. I know it will usually be an emotional read.

    I have to say I love Johnny. We first meet him in his sister's book, Back to the Drawing Board. I just found his character to be one of those characters I wanted to know. And we really get to know him in this book. After being released from prison Johnny is just trying to put his life back together. I really felt for him.

    Ok I have to say I just couldn't get into Bexley's character. I tried to, I even tried to see things from her pov. I mean sure she had been through a lot and sure I did feel for her. But I just found her to be rude and not really relatable.

    I thought this book was really enjoyable. And as I said I really enjoyed getting to know Johnny in this book. I think even though we meet Johnny in Back to the Drawing Board that this book can be read as a stand alone.

    I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5!!!!

   You can purchase Sentenced on 



Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment