Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Coup De Grace {Book Review}


Title: Coup De Grace
Genre: Code 11 KPD SWAT
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description:
Michael was that guy.
The one that everyone was cautious of. Maybe it was the tattoos. Maybe it was the way he gave off a ‘don’t screw with me’ vibe. Maybe it was because he just told them to leave him the hell alone.
Regardless, people gave him his space.
He was screwed up, and everyone knew it.
He got tattoos because he liked the pain. He was standoffish. He didn’t have many friends outside of work. And the only thing he had going for him was that he was a good cop.
Everyone wondered about him, but no one asked.
The only one that didn’t treat him as if he was screwed up was Nikki Pena, a woman that he couldn’t have.
Nikki was that girl.
The one that everyone loved.
The one girl that he’d destroy if he let her have her way. What did she want?
Him.
But, he couldn’t give her him. She didn’t deserve what it would take to be with him.

So Michael would suffer in silence…or so he thought.
The woman who loved him had different ideas.

My Review:

     I have to say I couldn't wait to read Michael's book. To say his character has been the most mysterious in this series is an understatement. Now hopefully I can remember what I wanted to put in this review since I got the chance to review almost a month ago. Believe me when I say as soon as I saw this book pop up on my kindle, I read it right away. Even though I was in the middle of reading something else. 

     I really liked getting to know Michael better in this book. We only got to see pieces of him in the other books in this series. I felt for him with being bi-polar. But I kind of felt like he hid behind that and didn't let people get to know him. But underneath it all he was such a sweetheart.

     I liked Nikki. I thought she was sweet, caring and funny. I liked that she didn't give up on Michael completely. 

     I enjoyed this book as I do with all of the books in this series. I do have to say though the first half of the book moved along nicely. Than it picked up towards the end of the book. 

    I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars!!!! 


Buy Links:
Amazon: http://goo.gl/evGZhW
Amazon CA: http://goo.gl/Wv1p2R
Amazon UK: http://goo.gl/goAmvT
Amazon AU: http://goo.gl/b6NmqY
Barnes & Noble: http://tiny.cc/7ixi5x



Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment