Saturday, January 10, 2015

Trouble Makers (Volume 4) {Book Review}



Title: Trouble Makers

Author: Emme Rollins

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

When your best friend falls in love with a rock star, you either join her in her fixation, or you spend a lot of nights eating ice cream and watching Netflix by yourself. If you can't beat them, join them, isn't that what they say?

While Bree--my best friend since forever--couldn't get enough of "Trouble" and their lead singer, Rob Burns, I set my sights a little lower - and to the left. Rob's immediate left, that is, at least on stage. Tyler Cook was Trouble's lead guitarist, a tall, glorious, dark blonde, beautiful specimen of a man who could make ovaries explode and panties drop with just one twist of that smirky smile of his.

Of course, it was all just in good fun, two girls going to Trouble concerts and screaming ourselves hoarse along with the rest of the fans. Bree's fascination with Rob, and mine with Tyler, was a fun little fantasy, a distraction from our boring everyday lives, mine as a dental hygienist and Bree's as an elementary school music teacher, until one day the "what-if" game Bree liked to play--and in, "what if we met Trouble some day?" and "What if they asked us to go on tour with them?"--actually happened.

Actually. Happened.

One minute we were going to see Trouble in concert, and the next, we were backstage, face-to-face with the real-live, sexy thing. I never expected to meet rock god Tyler Cook. I never expected to end up on a tour bus with sex god Tyler Cook. I certainly never expected to fall in love with the man, that beautiful, broken, wild man, or become so hooked I simply couldn't give him up--no matter what it cost, or who I hurt, even myself.

Because sometimes you have to stop asking yourself, "What if?" Sometimes you have to find out what happens next.

My Review:

    This is the first book I have read by author Emme Rollins and I was a little bit weary going into reading it. The synopsis of the book sounded really good and I love reading about a bad boy rock and roller. But at the same time I was worried about what the book would be like. I was hoping it would turn out to be something else. And let me tell you it was something else and not in a bad way. This book deals with some dark subjects, literally this book is Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll. But at the same time the author had me cracking up through the whole book and in a good way.

     I really enjoyed Katie and Tyler's character's in this book. They both obviously came from troubled childhoods and they both seemed to be stronger for their pasts. Katie's character made me laugh the most. Tyler, Tyler, Tyler oh what can I say about Mr. Tyler, I think he deals with the past the only way he thinks is the best for him and that is with drugs.

     I really did enjoy this book and I think that Emme Rollins really brought the life of rock stars to life in this book. There's a little bit of everything in it drugs, sex, alcohol. Did I mention the smoking hot sex in this book?

                     I would give this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and would recommend it!!!!


                            You can purchase Trouble Makers on Amazon and on B & N


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment