Monday, January 26, 2015

Kick (Savage Saints MC) {Book Review}



Title: Kick {Savage Saints MC}

Author: Carmen Jenner

Genre:

Book Description:

When I was ten, my father indoctrinated me into the family.
 
A brotherhood who would fight, protect, and give their lives for one another. A club whose ties ran thicker than blood, murkier than the dirt and grime that tainted my soul. Stronger than the bonds that connected me to my own family.
 
A band of brothers, where loyalty was kept and paid in a currency of blood.
 
When I was twenty-seven, I betrayed that brotherhood.
 
I’ve spent every day since running, avoiding paying back that debt.
 
My name is Daniel Johnson.  I have betrayed everyone I ever loved.
And I’ll betray her too.
 
This is my story—if you’re screwed up enough to want to read it.


Warning: KICK contains graphic violence, profanity, drug use, and explicit sexual situations of a taboo nature. Intended for an 18+ audience only.
 
My Review:
 
     This book is dark, gritty, intense and real......

    I think that above pretty much describes my feelings on Kick to a tee. To bad that couldn't be my whole review on this book... LOL.... But seriously let's get serious here. I think pretty much either people are going to get and understand Kick or their not going to like it at all.

    I have to admit I'm glad Carmen Jenner put the warning at the beginning of the book. There are some very difficult subjects brought up in this book. There were several times I wanted to throw my kindle across the room. 

     Oh boy my heart just broke for Daniel "Kick" Johnson. He's just been through so much in his life that has left him messed up in a way. 

    Kayla aka "Indie" also breaks my heart also. After everything she's been through she's still strong and a fighter. She definitely gives back as much as she gets .

   This review is kind of difficult for me to write because I really don't want to give away to much. All I can say is this is not your typical sweet MC romance. In fact there's nothing sweet at all about this book. But like I said at the beginning it's "Real".
 
 
 
 
     You can purchase Kick on iBooks, B & N, Kobo
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment