Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Beautiful Burn {Book Review}


Title: Beautiful Burn

Author: Adriane Leigh

Genre: New Adult

Book Description:

I've broken him, bent him, and burned him, and each fevered moment was worth every ounce of pain.
Auburn Lawrence has loved her English teacher, Reed West, since she was sixteen. Through brainstorming stories, reading classic literature, and plenty of fiery banter, they've forged a bond that neither of them expected.

Propelled by a chance encounter after her graduation, they discover just how deep their connection runs, but love requires more than chemistry to flourish. They spend three electrifying summer months discovering each other under a veil of forbidden passion and desperate lust before they learn that the unattainable is often destined to remain exactly that.

By the time temperatures dip and snowflakes fly, their relationship will face a deep freeze that threatens to snap the bond they thought they shared, shattering their lives one secret at a time.


Intended for mature audiences.
Beautiful Burn is a full-length, standalone novel. 
      
My Review:
 
     So I was really excited to read this book. I really like reading the books that have forbidden romances in them. Especially student/teacher ones. And this book review is extremely hard for me to write. As I've never written what I guess you could call a "bad" review. And unfortunately this book just didn't cut it for me. 

    First off there is no forbidden romance here. There is no really student/teacher romance. Sure I mean Reed was Auburn's teacher 3 years before. But Auburn has been away for college and she's back for the summer. Than takes a summer writing class. I can't really say it's a forbidden romance. 

    Let's get to Reed for a moment. I really wanted to like his character. I really did. And in a way I did like him, he was sweet and sexy, and obviously cared about Auburn. But than there's the fact that even though he was seperated from his wife, for some reason he just didn't want to file for divorce. 

     I really feel like I gave away the whole book in which I wasn't trying to do. But I can't give this book more than 3 Stars. 
 
 
               You can purchase Beautiful Burn on Amazon US and on Amazon UK
 
 
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Love Between The Sheets for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment