Monday, October 9, 2017

Gun Shy {Book Review}


Title: Gun Shy 
Author: Lili St. Germain
Genre: Psychological Thriller

Book Description:

A stand alone psychological thriller.
** NOT A ROMANCE **



HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GIRL?

In the middle of a fierce snowstorm in Gun Creek, Nevada, seventeen-year-old Jennifer Thomas disappears without a trace.

The second girl in nine years.

Identical cases. Identical conditions. Only last time, the girl was found. Dead, stuffed in a well beside the creek that feeds the town's water supply.

The killer was never found.

As the small town mobilizes and searches for newly vanished Jennifer Thomas, one suspect comes to the fore. But did he do it? Or is there something else at play? Something nobody could have anticipated?

For Jennifer's friend Cassie Carlino, the worst is yet to come. As she pins MISSING posters to store windows and joins the search, she begins to suspect that Jennifer's disappearance might be much closer to her than she could have ever imagined.

My Review:

First of all I have read a couple other of Mrs. St. Germain's books. So I know going into her books that they are going to be dark and gritty. But I'm unsure if I can come up with adequate words for this review and this book. This book blew my ever lovin mind from start to finish. This book grabbed my attention from start to finish. Even at one point I had to put my kindle on the charger to let it charge, and I couldn't wait till it was charged so I could continue to read. Than ended up staying up half the night because I just couldn't put it down.

I felt for both of this character's in this book. I felt both Cassie and Leo's pain. I seriously don't want to give anything away about this book. But this book as I mentioned above will most likely blow your mind. It will make you angry at times and at times you'll want to throw your kindle. This book was dark and gritty, it also had so many twist and turns that I didn't see coming.

Let's start with Cassie. She's a young woman who lost her mother and boyfriend on the same day. Now eight years she's just trying to survive and is barely making it day to day. I tfelt for her and everything that she had been through. But at the same time she made me wonder what was really going on in her head.

Oh Leo..... I really felt for Leo.... He was a young man who had his whole world turned upside down eight years beforehand. After finding a dead body in his well nothing was ever the same for him. Now that he's out of jail, he's trying to make it in the world. He's trying to provide for his family. I have to say I think that Leo is the one who I most felt for in this story and I just wanted to cry for him.


Yeah so as I mentioned above I really don't want to give away, and I'm already afraid that I've given away to much. I will say this if your looking for a sweet romance than this isn't the book for ya. Although this book has aspects of romance in it, this book is most definitely a psychological thriller. And as I mentioned above it will definitely blow your mind to pieces.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Ardent Prose PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment