Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Betrothed to the Badman {Book Review}


Title: Betrothed by the Badman
Series: Russian Bratva #8
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description

Devyn O’Neil, princess of the Irish Mob, was raised to know her place. Marrying a man of her father’s choosing has always been her fate. Yet, she never imagined that one day she’d play the part of a pawn between men on the verge of war. She never dreamed she’d be betrothed to a Russian badman.

Timofei Vetrov, son of New York’s Bratva king, grew up to be a bad boy prince. Taking for granted his life of privilege, he scoffed at the rules and did as he pleased. When the Irish murdered his mother, her death changed everything. He never dreamed he’d one day be king. He never imagined such a loss would thrust him into the role of a real man.  

A marriage, meant to unite the Irish with the Russians and forge a bond of peace, soon becomes much more. The fathers that bind them together cannot foresee the strength that Timofei and Devyn can uncover in their union. Together, their love has the potential to change the game entirely—yet it is a force that can only be reckoned with once found. 

My Review:

Well I expected nothing less than the best from Mrs. Faiman and she definitely didn't disappoint with this book. I really couldn't wait for this book. I've kind of been waiting for this book since back in book four or five. 

I really enjoyed Timofei and Devyn in this book. I wasn't quite sure what to expect with their relationship. I wasn't quite sure if I would love or hate them together. Especially since they didn't know each other at all. But I really liked them together.  

Timofei has a lot resting on his shoulders at the beginning of this book. He's about to take down his father and take over for him. Also he has to merge two different families with his upcoming marriage. I found him to be sweet, kind, and caring at times. But at other times I found him to be over controlling at times, which I had to roll my eyes at. 

Oh Devyn..... I felt for the poor girl. It didn't seem like she mattered at all to her family. That she was only good as a chess piece to them. In fact I couldn't stand her family, except maybe at the end with her oldest brother a little bit. 

I want to say that although I did enjoy this book. The thing with Timofei's dad was a bit anticlimactic, the build up to it in the other books made me think something bigger or more was going to happen. And it was just kind of, eh.... But I will say there was definitely some excitement at the end.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment