Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Caught in the Flames {Book Review}


Title: Caught in the Flames
Author: Kacey Shea
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Callie Gordon is more than a little obsessed…

I love firemen.

Heroic. Selfless. Brave.

Not to mention the uniform with those damn sexy pants…I can’t get enough.

Imagine my surprise when local fire captain, Chase Matthews, wanders into my yard on moving day. I’ve hit real estate gold. Hot as sin with that all-knowing smirk creates an instant spark. Welcome to the neighborhood never looked so good.

But dating a firefighter isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Chase keeps me at distance even when I attempt to break down his walls. A friendship with the nosy eccentric woman down the street reveals there’s more to Chase than he’s willing to share. I’m playing with fire and bound to get burned.

Secrets unfold.

Truths are brought to light.

Can I handle the heat? Or will my love for this man prove that sometimes even good girls have to burn down the house?

My Review:

This was my very first Kacey Shea book. I had been really excited for this book. I mean what could be better than a firefighter romance. I think the only downfall of this book is that Mrs. Shea at least to me, is that she gets you so invested in two characters. Than switches it up on you.

Look I liked Callie. I thought she was sweet, funny,  independent, smart, and sassy. But at times I also found her to be naive.

I loved Chase from the start. I was invested in Chase's character. I mean sure there were times when his behavior was questionable. But I still really liked him.

When Ash was thrown into the mix. I wasn't sure what to think about him. But he kind of grows on you.

Look I really liked and enjoyed this book. It definitely had enough twists in it to keep me interested in the story and characters.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!!


Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from The Hype PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment