Saturday, October 4, 2014

Worth The Fall {Book Review}



Title: Worth The Fall {The McKinney Brothers}

Author: Claudia Conner

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Prepare to be swept away by a talented debut author with a passionate, powerful story to tell.
They meet on a beach. . . . Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family.

But a week is all it takes. . . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for.
 
My Review:

      So I'm really picky about what I read and how many star's I will give a book. I used to not be, I used to give 5 Stars out all the time if I enjoyed the book. But recently, well maybe about 6 month's ago I started to become more and more picky about books I was reading and how many stars I gave to them. I think it was just that fact that I was reading so much, and all the books I was reading were blending together and all starting to look the same. So now its kinda of hard to get a 5 star rating out of me. I have to love everything about the book and character's to give it a 5 star rating. And this book definitely is getting a 5 out of 5 Stars from me!!!!

     I had been hearing a lot about Worth The Fall on twitter and thought I would check it out. I was a little skeptical from reading the description but thought what the heck, right? I might as well give it a try. I have to say its hard to believe that this book is author Claudia Conner's debut book. I could not put my phone down to stop reading, and read late into the night and than picked it back up first thing in the morning to finish reading it. This book made me laugh, it made me teary eyed, it made me want to jump into the story and shake the character's at times, it made me smile, and it touched me.

     I loved Matt's character.... I mean what's not to love about him. He's a SEAL, he's sexy, sweet and caring.... Did I mention he's a SEAL????? I love that he didn't shy away from Abby when he finds out that she's a single mom of 4, almost 5. It takes a real man to be will to step into those shoes and Matt proves that he wants to be that person for Abby and her children. All I can say is where can I find my own Matt?

    Abby oh Abby.... Abby's character touched a special place in my heart. Being a single mom myself I felt like I really connected with her character. I felt like I really understood where she was coming from and what she had/was going through. I really admired her strength and how determined she was to be a great parent to her children. Though there were times I thought she was being a bit stubborn.

    And honestly I can't write a review for this book and not mention Abby's children. I loved all of her children. But I probably felt the most for her oldest daughter.

     I really truly loved this book. It was very well written and it flowed well. This book brought so emotions around in me. So like I said earlier I am definitely giving this book 5 out of 5 Stars. I can not wait to read the next one in this series!!!!

        You can purchase Worth The Fall on AmazonB & N, iBooks, Kobo, and on Google Play.

   You can find out more about author Claudia Conner and her books on her Website. You can also connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, also on Goodreads .

No comments:

Post a Comment