Monday, December 10, 2018

The Blood That Drives Us {Book Review}


Title: The Blood That Drives Us
Series: The Devil's Dust MC Legacy 
Author: M. N. Forgy
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Zane has learned everything he knows from his father, the most dangerous biker of The Devil’s Dust MC. He devours the darkness with a cocky grin and no fucks to give. His immoral obsessions barely keep him content in a life of chaos and havoc until he finds himself craving more. 

Addie doesn’t need the risk that comes with Zane... that is until her perfectly orchestrated life takes a sudden turn and she’s left with nowhere else to go. 

She's sunshine and charities, he’s bullets and ecstasy. 

Will he step out of his hell and into her bed knowing it’ll mean that he’s dragging her into the depths of his criminal world?

My Review:

So first I want to say that I'm huge fan of Mrs. Forgy's. I love the original Devil's Dust series. It's one of my go to re-read series. So I was super excited when I heard the next generation of Devil's Dust was getting their own series. I will admit that I'm usually weary when author's give kids of other series their own series. But I was still excited about this series and this book. But that's about where my excitement ends and I'll explain why in a bit.

Let's start with Zane. He's is Shadow and Dani's son and of course Bull's grandson. I want to start by saying I liked Zane. He's a young man who has his own demons, his maybe a bit darker than his father's. You could tell how much his family and club meant to him. Even with all his demons, he had a sweet, kind, tender side. But I will say this, he is NO Shadow. No one will ever compare to Shadow.

Oh Addie.... What can I say about Addie?..... Well if your not sure who Addie is or can't remember who she is. Well she's Jessica's, aka Doc's daughter and Bobby's step-daughter..... And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but Addie was just a Big Dissappointment to me in this book. Look don't get me wrong I loved Addie in Bobby and Doc's book. But in this book she is supposedly supposed to be an almost 30 year old woman. But I found her to be a bit childish in the way she acted and the way people treated her. People almost treated her like she was a teenager instead of an adult. So I felt like that made me forget she was actually an adult instead of a teenager.

As mentioned above I had been really excited about this series. But I felt like that the storyline was choppy and at times I felt like I was reading two different stories. I really wanted to enjoy the characters, but I felt like Zane was the more mature character and that Addie felt like a teenager. I also kind of felt like everyone expected the club kids to get together. I'm not always not for that. I never really felt a connection between Zane and Addie, at times it felt forced to me.

I will say I did enjoy the appearences from the original devils. I also really enjoyed Saint, Rad, Piper, and Deliaha.

I'm giving this book 3.5 Stars out of 5!!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Social Butterfly PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment