Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Preacher's Daughter {Book Review}


Title: The Preacher’s Daughter
Series: Rough Riders MC #1
Author: Shelly Morgan
Genre: MC Romance

Book Description:

Angelica…

I’ve always been the preacher’s daughter, their perfect little angel.

But I won’t be their angel anymore. It’s time for me to live my own life.

Little did I know I was stepping straight out of my safe dream…into a nightmare.

The only one who can save me now is a man my daddy calls a devil—a criminal with a leather jacket and tattoos.

But he makes my heart beat…makes me feel alive.

No matter how strong he is, though, hell will claim me again.

Torq…

She’s too good to be true—too good for a man like me.

But I knew the first time I saw her, I needed to claim her and make her my own.

There are men evil enough to hurt the innocent, defile the sacred, like my Angel.

Those men must die.

I’ve already saved her once. I’ll gladly go to hell and back to do it again.

My Review:

So I have to admit I have been waiting for this book. And if feels like it has been a long time coming and in a way it has been. I was lucky enough to get to read this book back when it first came out, when it was supposed to be a duet and had ended on a major cliffhanger. I have been waiting to find out the outcome of Angelica and Torq. Now we finally get the full story and the ending, with NO cliffhanger this time.

If you didn't get the chance to meet Angelica, aka Angel, the first time around. She's the daughter of a preacher, who used to be controlled by her parents, was saved by Torq (when she went for a walk in her hometown), and than left her parents for good after that night. I liked Angel back than and I even liked her now. I thought she showed a lot of strength by leaving her parents and the way she grew up. I also think she showed a lot of strength for what she goes through.

I've loved Torq from the start. And still love Torq through this one. The man almost broke my heart thinking he wasn't good enough for anyone.

I did find this book to be enjoyable and as I said at the beginning of this review, we finally get the ending to Angel and Torq. I do want to say that at times I did find the second part to be a bit rushed and some stuff just thrown in there. But other than that I did enjoy it.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for the next one!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment