Monday, October 31, 2016

Preppy {Book Review}


Title: Preppy {The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater Part One}
Author: T. M. Frazier
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

Samuel Clearwater, A.K.A Preppy, likes bowties, pancakes, suspenders, good friends, good times, good drugs, and a good f*ck.

He’s worked his way out from beneath a hellish childhood and is living the life he’s always imagined for himself. When he meets a girl, a junkie on the verge of ending it all, he’s torn between his feelings for her and the crippling fear that she could be the one to end the life he loves.

Andrea ‘Dre’ Capulet is strung out and tired.

Tired of living for her next fix. Tired of doing things that make her stomach turn. Tired of looking in the mirror at the reflection of the person she’s become. Just when she decides to end it all, she meets a man who will change the course of both their lives forever.

And their deaths.

For most people, death is the end of their story.
For Preppy and Dre, death was only the beginning.

This is the fifth book in the King Series and it's meant to be read after Soulless.

My Review:

Holy Canolie Conniption Fit............ That's all I really have to say..... I mean seriously did I miss something at the end of the last book?..... If you're all wondering yes honestly I have read the four previous books in this series. So although I know that Mrs. Frazier is the Epic Plot twister, I definitely wasn't expecting what we got at the end of this book, to be the end of this book. I guess though that now I've read it and read the ending it all makes sense now why Preppy was getting his own book.

Preppy is the fifth book in the King Series, and follows Preppy and Dre. This book really isn't meant to be read as a stand alone (as it so say's in the description). So if you haven't read the previous four books in this series you may be highly confused with what is going on, especially by the end. If you have read these books than you'll know that Preppy's book takes place right after King go to jail.

I mean I seriously have no words to describe Samuel "Preppy" Clearwater. I knew he was a unique character, but wow he blew me out of the water in this book. I mean as I turned the pages of this book and kept reading more of him I kept thinking, "Man this is really a character I shouldn't like." He's a sharp dressing, foul mouth, killer, twisted in the mind character. But there's something that pull's you towards his character and makes him lovable. I loved getting to know him better and really felt for him and everything he had been through in his life. And I love his sense of humor throughout everything.

Andrea "Dre" Capulet, this girl is a drug addict. I can't even call her a recovering drug addict, who's at the end of her ropes and wanting to end it all. Man this girl reminded me of so many of my own family member's its not even funny. I was happy to see though that she really wanted to make a change in her life. Mrs. Frazier did an excellent job of showing how hard it is for an addict to overcome their addiction.

I loved this book from start to finish and couldn't put it down. As I said at the beginning of this review Mrs. Frazier is the Epic Master of Plot Twists. And totally threw me for a loop with the one she threw in this book. Even though I should have seen that one coming from a mile away.

I'm giving this book 4 Star's Out of 5 and Can Not wait for Part Two of Preppy's story!!!!!




Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment