Monday, February 22, 2016

Stone Cold Cowboy {Book Review}


Stone Cold Cowboy Montana Men #4
By: Jennifer Ryan
Releasing February 23, 2016 Avon

Blurb

The last thing rancher Rory Kendrick expects to find when hes searching for his missing cattle is a genuine damsel in distress. After rushing to help, he cant help wanting to do anything he can for this lovely but damaged woman. But even his kind deed wont get Sadie to tell him whos responsible for hurting her.

Sadie is trying to hold onto her family, and her life. With an ill father whos refusing treatment and a younger brother who has fallen in with a dangerous crowd, shes beginning to feel like she cant save anyone, least of all herself. When her brother owes money to the wrong people, Sadie tries to pay off his debts, but she doesnt have the cash. The one person who might be able to help her out is the last person she wants to involve in her family drama, but Rory wont take no for an answer.

Rory is all about family, but sometimes youve got to let go. If you cant save them, save yourself. Sadies been dealt a bad hand she refuses to fold. Because he loves her, hell do anything to keep her safe and give her the happy life she deserves, even betray her trust to take down her brother.

My Review:

I have to say Mrs. Ryan is a new to me author and I love finding new to me authors. And what could be better than family drama, suspense, and Red Hot Cowboys. I will say I have a thing for Cowboy books. But I haven't read many lately because I just haven't had the time. But wow I'm so glad I got the chance to read this book.

Oh Sadie how my heart broke for her and everything she had been through. Sadie has to be one of the strongest characters I have read in a while. I could really relate to her character in wanting to protect her brother. Sadie has been taking care of her brother and father since her mother died. Now she's cleaning up her brothers messes and taking care of her dying father.

I loved Rory right off the bat. Even though he comes off unapproachable and tough to their small town. He's been through his own heart break. Losing his own parents when he was younger, basically raising his brothers and keeping his family together. And taking care of the ranch. I loved the dynamics of him and his brothers. And the family dynamics with their grandfather.

I have to say I really enjoyed this book and is probably one of the best cowboy books I have read in awhile. There was a little bit of everything in this book.

I'm giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5 and can't wait to read more from this author!!!




Disclaimer: I received a arc of this book from Tasty Book Tours for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment