Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ace (A Band of Brothers Novel) {Book Review}



Title: ACE: A Band of Brothers Novel
SeriesBand of Brothers #1
AuthorLyra Parish
Genre: Romance


Blurb

My name is Ace and I'm the Ace of Spades.
I'm not nice and I misbehave.
I will be your nightmare.
I will be your dream.
I will have you begging for more of me with each scream.

The truth is in my lyrics.
Uncontrollably controlled.
I bleed many things one being Rock & Roll.

I don't date or make love, I fuck real hard.
Did you know the ace of spades is considered the death card?
Love doesn't exist in my world, it never did.
Love won't exist in my world, it's something I forbid.

My name is Ace and I'm the ace of spades.
Proceed with caution, because I'm sharp like a blade.

The Band of Brothers novels are full length and will follow each brother in the band.
They can be read together or separately.


My Review:

     I have to say I have known who author Lyra Parish is, but haven't had a chance to read anything of hers yet. But when I saw that she was coming out with a new Rock Band book I had to finally check it out. I mean who doesn't love Hot Rock Stars. And I haven't read any good Rock Star books, until I read Ace. 

     I loved Ace right away. He's had his heart broken and the only way he knows how to deal with it is being a manwho*e. But underneath it all he was a sweet and caring guy. I loved the way he was with his brother's.

     I have to say I liked Elizabeth. I have a hard time with lead female characters. But Elizabeth was different. She was shy, sweet, caring and intelligent. 

    I have to say I really liked this book. It's not your typical Rocker Romance. I really liked the dynamics between Ace and his brothers. His brothers cracked me up. 

    I'm giving this book 4 stars out of 5 stars.






Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from Give Me Books for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment