Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fighting Solitude {Book Review}


Title: Fighting Solitude
Series: On The Ropes Book 3
Author: Aly Martinez
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain.
Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect.
Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up.Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too.
Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine.
That was going to change.
I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate.
Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
Fighting to be the man she deserves.
Fighting the solitude of our pasts.
Fighting for her. 

My Review:

     So I'm going to start this out by saying this was probably my most anticipated book of this year. As soon as I had finished reading Flint's book I couldn't wait to get my grubby little hands on this one. I couldn't wait to read Quarry's book. 

    I loved Quarry in this book. I think besides Till, that Quarry may be my other favorite Page brother. Even though through everything he was going through, he was still the sweet caring Quarry we've gotten to know. 

   Alright I'm kind of nervous about talking about Liv here. I'm sure a ton of people won't agree with me on this. But I just couldn't get into Liv. I don't want to say I disliked her. But I found that she got on my nerves. 

    As I said above this was one of the books I couldn't wait to read. I have loved these Page brothers from the beginning and everything they have been through and overcome. Now that being said I thought the book kind of started out slow. Yes I understand that Mrs. Martinez was trying to give us background on Liv and Quarry. But I honestly kind of found it sluggish and almost put it down several times. There were a couple times I found that I didn't even think I was going to finish. It picked back up and really started moving towards the end.

    I'm only able to give this book 3.5 stars out of 5.




Disclaimer: I received an arc of this book from TRSOR promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment