Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Beauty Uncovered (Secrets of Eden #2) {Book Review}

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from author for free for my review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from other's.


Title: A Beauty Uncovered {Secrets of Eden #2}

Author: Andrea Laurence

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

A beastly boss is tamed in this Secrets of Eden book from Andrea Laurence…

CEO Brody Eden is a loner. The brooding billionaire has secrets that he refuses to unveil to anyone…until he meets his new assistant, Samantha Davis. She's temptation personified, and she's sitting right outside his door.

Samantha's never met a man as guarded—and gorgeous—as Brody. She doesn't want to fall for her boss, but there's something about Brody…. Beneath his gruff manner, Sam senses tenderness—and an intense passion waiting to be unleashed. And she'll make it her mission to enter his lair…and his bed.

My Review:


      This is obviously as the title says the 2nd book in the Secrets of Eden series. And as I've said in my other reviews to this series of books I started reading this series back wards. If you haven't read any of the books in the Secrets of Eden series or my reviews on the other 2 books. You can read them Here  & Here. So what should have been the 2nd book I've read in this series has ended up being the 3rd book in this series I've read.

      So that being said even after reading the 3rd book 1st, and than the 1st book 2nd. I was really looking forward to reading Brody's story. In this book you find out a little bit more about the Secrets that the boy's and Julianne are keeping hidden and of course you find out more about the way that Brody became scarred. I love that even though I have read these books backwards that I can still feel that the bit of mystery Andrea has put in these books, still feels mysterious to me.

       I love, love, love Brody. I'm not quite sure what is about Brody. But there's something about him that just makes me gravitate towards his character in this series. And its not because he's the loner or the one who had something terrible happen to him as a child. I think part of it is that he just seems real. That even though he may be mean and guarded around people he doesn't know, that the people that he does let in get to see another side of him.

      Sam was very likeable right off the bat. She's independent and has a determined attitude to get to know Brody right away. I liked that she acted as there was nothing wrong with Brody's outer appearance.

     I have to say now that I have read all of the books in this series (except for the last one which isn't out yet). I think besides Brody's story, I'm most excited to read Heath's story. I have an idea what the mystery is, but I can't wait to see if I'm right.





                  You can purchase A Beauty Uncovered on Amazon, B & N, Books-A-Million

                  You can also find out more about author Andrea Laurence and her books on her Website. You can also follow her on Facebook and on Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment