Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Heir To Scandal (Secrets of Eden) {Book Review}

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Andrea Laurence for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and my differ from others.

 


Title: Heir To Scandal

Author: Andrea Laurence

Genre: Romance

Book Description:

"Yes, you have a son."

The past is about to catch up with Congressman Xander Langston…in more ways than one. While his reelection campaign is in full swing, unidentified remains surface on his family's farm and scandal ensues. Yet when he returns home, it's his reunion with Rose Pierce that's consuming all his waking thoughts.

His high school sweetheart has blossomed into a radiant beauty. The thrill of first love that Xander had once dismissed is proving to be a more enduring proposition. But Rose has a secret, too—will it put a stop to their second chance and derail his career for good?

My Review:

I enjoyed Xander's character I thought he was a relatable person. I also thought he was honorable, takes his responsibilities of his job and his family very seriously. He had a lot going on in his life, but he handled all of the situations with easy and seemed to just go with what life threw at him. And for this reason I could not help but fall in love with him. I think  Xander showed me when life is seems to be spinning out of control that you just need to face and deal with it as best you can.
I thought Rose was independent and sweet. As a single mother myself I know how hard it can be to raise your child/children by yourself. She has a lot of strength and courage that she shows with everything that she has been through.

The way the book was written and the way the character's were made it a very easy read. I also think that what Andrea had me I taking from this book is that no matter where you are in life or what has happened in your life, that you can always have the chance at a second chance in life.

I give this book a 4 out 5 stars and recommend it to anyone who likes to read  sweet and  passionate read with a nice even flow and just enough drama to keep you interested. 


                                   Heir To Scandal doesn't come out until Sept. 1st you can Pre-Order it on Amazon and on Barnes and Noble.

                                You can find out more about author Andrea Laurence and her books on her Website. You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter, and on Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment