Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Losing Control {Book Review}

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review and post. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and they may differ from other's.



Book Information


Title: Losing Control
 
Author: Jen Frederick
 
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 
Summary

 
I’d do anything to keep my mother alive.

 
Anything, including ask Ian Kerr for help. I don’t know much about him, except that he has more money than some small countries. And he’s willing to spend it on me. Just one catch: there’s a string attached, and not just the one I feel pulling me into his arms and his bed. There’s also the plan for revenge he wants my help with.

 
Every time he says my name, it makes my body shiver and my heart stutter. I know he’s going to wreck me, know there won’t be anything left of me but lust and sensation by the time he’s done with me, but even though I can see the heartbreak coming towards me like a train, ready to crash into me, I can’t get out of the way. I want what he makes me feel. Want what he’s offering.

 
This may have started out as something to save my mother, but now…now it’s about what he makes me feel. I’m in danger of losing everything that’s important. Worse? Ian's whispered words and hot caresses are making me believe that's okay
 
My Review:
  I first have to say that this is the first book I have read by Jen Frederick. I was really excited about to get the chance to read the book since its right up my alley in reading genres. I also thought that it was awesome that it was being sent out via email in chapter's. Now that being said lets get down to my review.

   Victoria aka “Tiny” has things pretty hard right now. Her mother has just been diagnosed with cancer for a second time and it looks like it's going to be a much tougher battle this time around. Insurance is an issue and Victoria is still paying the bills from the first time her mother got sick. Victoria works as a bike messenger and its not exactly the job she wants. So she goes to work for her step-brother, Malcolm. The problem with that is Malcolm is obviously handing out jobs that  doing are illegal.

    While on a delivery, Victoria meets Ian Kerr. He's the most gorgeous man she has ever laid eyes on. And I have to say I fell in love with Ian right away also. From that time on Ian takes over Victoria and her mother's lives. The only thing I kind of got confused on is what was really "the job" was that Ian wanted Victoria to do for him. I mean I know he wanted revenge, but it was kind of like it was there in the plot and than it wasn't.

    I thought Jen's writing in this one is really good. Also the emotions are raw and real especially as Victoria speaks of her mother and puts her young life on hold to care for her.
Ian is a mystery and getting inside his head and understanding his motives takes a bit of work. It's worth it though when we finally start to piece together his past. Ian will still have a lot of work to do and Ian's story is not finished just yet. 

 I would like to say, this was a really good read. It was unique, dark, sexy, and you know you will want to check out the next book in the Kerr series. Overall I think 4.5 stars is a perfect fit for this book. And I can say I have become a new fan of Jen Frederick's.

    

                       You can now purchase Losing Control on Amazon  and on Barnes and Noble.

                       You can also follow Jen Frederick  on her Website, on Facebook, Twitter, and also Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment