Saturday, May 11, 2019

Throttle {Book Review}


Title: Throttle
Series: Savage Disciples MC Novella
Author: Drew Elyse 
Genre: MC Romance 

Book Description:

Once a Disciple, forever a Disciple.

Candy didn’t build a life for herself by being stupid,
regardless what people might think of her being a stripper.
And no matter what her body wants, what her heart wants,
she knows that falling for a fighter is as stupid as it gets.

A Disciple will fight like a savage, but that isn’t always the way.

If Hook’s life has taught him one thing: to fight for what he wants.
He’s fought in the ring, to earn his patch, to protect his family.
And he would fight for Candy, if she’d just give him a chance
to show her that what’s between them could be everything.

When the attraction is at full throttle, this biker knows there’s no giving up.


THROTTLE is a novella in the Savage Disciples MC series (book 6.5) that occurs concurrently with CRUISE (Savage Disciples MC #6)

My Review:

Oh my goodness how I have missed this series and these characters. The Savage Disciples has been one of my go-to re-read MC series since I started reading this series. So when this series was seemingly coming to come to an end, I was sadden by the fact we would no long have any more Savage Disciples. But as soon as I saw this novella was coming out I knew I had to jump on that and read it. 

I'm going to be honest here and say that I honestly forgot who Hook was. And that makes me sad since I love all of the Disciples. But it might also have been the fact that through most of the series that Hook was a prospect, so he didn't really play a big part in the other books. Anyway's now Hook is a full pledged member of the disciples and he's also a fighter for Jager. Now that he's a full member he's determined to make the girl he's had his eyes on for awhile his girl. 

Candy, and yes that's really her name. Candy is a girl who works as a dancer at the Disciples place The Candy Shop. Candy is getting ready to take over Avery's position & she makes no qualms about admitting that she's a patch chaser. But she also has one simple rule she lives by, but slowly finds herself breaking that rule with Hook. 

I have to say that I really enjoyed Hook and Candy's story. They both came from basically the same backgrounds, but at the same time had extremely different experences with them. I loved this novella even though it was a bit bittersweet that it was so short. Also loved seeing appearences of the other guy's and gals of the Savage Disciples. 

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from InkSlinger PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of my own and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment