Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Trouble at Brayshaw High {Book Review}


Title: Trouble at Brayshaw High
Author: Meagan Brandy 
Genre: Young Adult, Sports Romance

Book Description:

"You don't belong."

No words whispered in anger have ever rung more true.

They're the Kings of Brayshaw with the world at their feet, destined for greatness and in need of control. 
I'm the girl from the gutter with nothing to offer and as defiant as they come. 

They say it doesn't matter, that I'm one of them now, and nothing could ever change that. Not even me, should I dare try.

But they're wrong.
They underestimate how far I'll go to protect them.

Trouble is coming...and they have no idea.

---

Trouble At Brayshaw High is the highly anticipated follow up to Boys of Brayshaw High, and should be read only after having read book one. This is book two in a three book series.

My Review

So I have been sitting on my review for a few day's and have even gone back and forth on what I wanted to say. Even after I finished reading I had gone and looked at some of the early reviews on Goodreads and of course, found nothing but five-star reviews. 

So I guess I should say I wasn't sure if I was going to read this book or not. It all started with the first book, I had seen it blasted all over facebook and saw all the great reviews for it. I took a look at it and thought it sounded like it was right up my alley. Look I have been hooked on young adult, high school bully romances lately, so I've read a ton of them and some of them are a hit or miss. Unfortunately, I found The Boys of Brayshaw to be miss. Well just the parts with Raven, and unfortunately that was a lot of parts. 

So again I wasn't sure if I was going to give this book a chance or not. But I was hoping this book could redeem this three book series. I have to say that it took me Five Times, yes you read that right, I had to start this book over FIVE TIMES to even get past the twelve percent mark. And by that time my eyes were rolling so hard at Raven, I wasn't even sure I could move on. But after the Fifth time I pushed on and finished. 

Eh, lets go ahead and start with Raven. I honestly didn't like Raven in the first book. And I have to say in this book its not even better. In this book I found Raven to be the most UNLIKABLE, UNRELATABLE, TWO-FACED FAKE Character. In the first book all Raven did was whine and complain about people picking and bullying her. But honestly in the first book Raven was the BIGGEST BULLY of all. In this book she doesn't get any better, in fact I dare say she gets WORSE. Seriously there's one scene that includes Captain's baby momma, Raven doesn't know the girl she just knows that the girl did Captain wrong, so what Raven do?... Well I'll tell you Raven goes up and basically assaults the poor girl. Now did the girl do Captain wrong? Heck yeah.... Did she deserve to be assaulted by Raven? NO....

I have to say in the first book I wasn't a big fan of Maddoc's. But I actually found myself liking him more in this book. I'm glad we got to see more of his feelings in this book. 

Of course my favorites in the first book were Captain and Royce. And I still loved them as much in this book as I did the first. 

Honestly I'm unsure if I'll continue with this series or not. I mean sure I would love to find out how it all ends. 

I'm giving this book 3 Stars out of 5!!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from BookSmacked for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment