Friday, May 24, 2019

Scarlet Mark {Book Review}


Title: Scarlet Mark
Series: Cavalieri Della Morte
Author: Lexi C. Foss
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book Description:

Deceit requires punishment.

But what happens when the mark is innocent?

Killian “Dagger” Bedivere

My latest assignment has evolved into a game of deciphering whom to trust—the renowned politician who hired the Cavalieri Della Morte, or the runaway bride?

She’s gorgeous, conniving, and everything I crave in a woman.

She’s also my target.

Rule number one: Never fall for the mark.

Rule number two: Fuck rule number one.

Amara “Scarlet” Rose

I never wanted this world, but the decision wasn’t mine to make. I always belonged to him. Now there’s a new player on the board—one hell-bent on destroying all my plans.

He’s lethal, handsome, and everything I should fear.

Rule number one: Don’t trust anyone.

Rule number two: Do everything you can to survive, even if it means breaking rule number one.

And rule number three: When in doubt, kill.

*This novel is a stand-alone romantic suspense featuring an assassin from the Cavalieri Della Morte world.

My Review:

This is the eighth book in the Cavalieri Della Morte multi book, multi author series. My review for the last book in this series was a bit rushed and short, so I'm hoping to make this review better. I have really been enjoying that series has brought so many new to me authors. Mrs. Foss being one of them, I've heard of her before, but never had the chance to read her before now. 

Ahhhh Killian, aka Dagger, another one of the top Tebella Della Morte knights. Killian is a young man who is from an influential rich family, he's the son that is seen when it is necessary to keep up appearances. His family doesn't really approve of his job, but is still accepting of him. His best friend in the Cavalieri Della Morte is Nikolai. Now Killian finds himself in quite the prediction, instead of finding a mark that he's supposed to return to the ex-fiance that she left on her wedding day. Killian finds that nothing is as it seems and finds himself wanting to help her and get revenge for her. 

Amara, aka Scarlett, is on the run from her ex-fiance whom is a senator. But as Amara has found out the man is not all that he seems. Amara is a young woman who has grown up in a certain way. She was sold as young child, and raised to provide certain skills for people. 

I really enjoyed the way this book started. You could feel the chemistry right off the bat with Killian and Amara. 

I have enjoyed each and every one of these books in this series. Some of them more than others. I think with each passing book that the series just gets better. I love that even though each of these man are the top assassins of the Tebella Della Morte that they actually have softer caring sides to them. 

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and on to the next one!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews and may differ from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment